We pray that you and your family are well and growing in the Lord in these troubled times.
It has been a productive summer despite the pandemic, thanks to God’s grace, mercy, and providence. Enjoy the screen shots at the end of this post from various AMO Programs across Mexico. Pray for the teachers, parents and children of these programs as they disciple the nation for Jesus Christ.
- Since April, 164 adults from Mexico and a few from Texas have enrolled in the five-day AMO training online. Pray for new trainer Stephanie in Aguascalientes as she begins, next week, the first in-person training since the pandemic began.
- Chrysalis International, creator of AMO Program, has certified 10 of our teachers as additional AMO Trainers for Mexico. We are now mentoring 23 trainers, to date.
- 14 teachers have started AMO classes via Zoom teaching approximately 500 children (see photos).
- The ministry has assisted First Presbyterian Church of San Antonio, Texas, in their distribution of relief funds to 40 families of pastors in Mexico who have been severely impacted by Covid 19.
- Francelia McReynolds and Cristina Inchaustegui have teamed up to train 12 new AMO Trainers for Colombia via video conferencing.
- We are thankful for Judith Diaz of Puebla for her assistance in mentoring new teachers and helping to supply them with the AMO materials they need to teach children.
- Several festivals have taken place by the children by way of video conferencing. As children complete Classic Literature units in the AMO Program they celebrate what they have learned. The festivals follow as closely as possible to how they would be carried out in person. Preparations for plays, costumes, special meals, singing, decorations and more are all made at home by the children and their families. On the day of the festival everyone joins by video conference to celebrate!
We thank God for His provisions to keep the ministry going and growing. You can support the ministry by clicking here.
Please pray for Francelia as she will be speaking for The Antioch Partners annual fundraiser, October 1st. You can join us there online by registering here.
Thank you for your support and prayers.
Blessings to you in Christ,
Chris and Francelia
Heidi Festival with children and their families
Student, Dafne, during the festival for the book “Joel: A Boy of Galilee”
Adyele pleased to receive her AMO materials
A feast in Tabasco to celebrate God’s principles as witnessed in the book “Heidi”
Family celebrating together their children’s learning of the bible
Certificates achieved after completing the Heidi study
Charlottes Web celebration in Merida, Yucatan
Family in Yucatan celebrating together in AMO Program
Family celebrating in Villahermosa during Joel festival
Covid mask as Yarmulke during Joel festival!
Student wearing her title of Generous during the Charlotte’s Web festival
Sisters in front of the mural they made in Tecomán, Colima, México
Sharing our art work from home
Screen shot of Chris and Francelia celebrating with the children during the Narnia festival
Students at home preparing for the festival
Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe preparations
Mr Beaver and hand-drawn mural of Narnia at home sharing with classmates online
Family celebrating Narnia in home
Ready for tea in Tabasco!
Adyi sharing her talents with the rest of the children
Maestra Socorro in Comalcalco leading her class festival via Zoom as they complete the classic “Heidi”