In Matthew 28:18-20, the Lord Jesus Christ gives us all our marching orders – teach all people to be my disciples. During these summer months, four of our friends and collaborators in this ministry – faithful to His command – were called home by the Lord. With each of those sad goodbyes, the Holy Spirit gave us deep and abiding assurance of His sovereignty and unwavering plan for discipling our families and the nations. We give special thanks to God for His plan and for those who have lived out their lives in faith and perseverance serving that plan.
Recently, I was amused and encouraged while reading a line by the late T. Boone Pickens who shared what his father said to him as an aimless young man. He told the young man, “A fool with a plan will beat a genius without a plan everytime.” Pickens said that was the turning point for him. I thought, we can be fools (for Christ) with an excellent plan!
More and more congregations are awakening to the great potential God has given them to transform communities through a plan for education and discipleship. Pray for churches everywhere to rise up and embrace a serious and inspired plan of action. The coming generations need God’s plan for their lives!
Please, join us in giving thanks for:
- The Susie Frerichs Memorial Scholarship Fund which will be funding a group of young students from the Huastecas, including Abraham Hernandez, to attend an important teaching conference in Guadalajara in October. For those of you who know Abraham, he reports that he is doing well under the circumstances and is encouraged that God is in the process of raising up new leaders for the various ministries that Susie led. Please, continue to pray for Abraham as he continues his ministry and farming.
- Those who have served with us and “fought the good fight.” (2 Timothy 4:7-8)
- The successful AMO trainings this summer in Orizaba Veracruz, Reynosa Tamaulipas, Guadalajara, Oaxaca and San Antonio, Texas. We are thankful for the hard work and increasing skills of our AMO Trainers of Teachers (TOT’s).
- The dedication of teachers at Isaiah 55 ministries in Reynosa, for their work to bring AMO Program to children who are deaf.
- The progress that the up-and-coming TOT’s are making in Chrysalis International’s online virtual course…only two more months to go! Francelia has been very busy with the Mexican group mentoring them and scheduling dates and locations for their practicum trainings, the final step for each of them to be certified.
Please, join us in praying for:
- Strength and perseverance for the all the TOT’s in the home stretch.
- Upcoming trainings in Xonacatlan Edo. de México, Oaxaca and Merida, Yucatan.
- MeXED special events in Merida and Oaxaca in November. The purpose of these events is to encourage and equip biblical Christian vision and strategy for transforming families, culture, education, and government.
- Safety for Chris and Francelia as they travel throughout central and southeast Mexico this winter.
- Pray for our TOT’s marriages and for God’s provision for AMO México to become a ministry with greater capacity to provide marriage ministry for our TOT’s.
- Pray for Dr. Elizabeth Youmans and Chrysalis’ online platform and website project. This has been a monumental task that needs your prayers for finalization.
Thank you, for your prayers!
Chris and Francelia